Wednesday, December 1, 2010

25 Days til Christmas... To be or Not to be Stressed!

As this holiday season is now in full swing, many of us find ourselves stressing over many things. For students, its with finals (which I am working on now). For other people, its trying to find a parking spot at the local mall to do our holiday shopping. Along with this stress, many of us also find that we don't have the time to exercise or eat healthy because we are too busy. But is it coincidence that many of us get sick around the holdiays too?

I guarantee that stress in a major factor in this. It makes sense though. I know that if I have a huge project that is due, I will not go to the gym or maybe I will grab something easy to eat, which doesn't happen to be good for me. It's just the nature of life. Then of course, when I settle down during my break between semesters, I sometimes get sick. Eating well and exercising can help to fight off the cold!

For me, going to the gym and eating well helps me beat stress! This can work for everyone too! Let's say you are shopping at the mall. Us women, we usually carry large purses. And guess what can fit in that large purse? A HEALTHY SNACK!!! Instead of going to the food court, bring along your own food. Also, taking the stairs at the mall instead of the escalator can help burn off some calories too. And people, don't wait for the very front parking spot! Walking is a great form of exercise!

Being conscience of what you eat and how much activity you get can really help to minimize the stress that comes with the season. Saying "no" to sweets may be hard but to keep that girlish figure, you may just have to say NO! People with respect your wish.  Maybe host your own party and include healthy and delicious foods :)

Hope everyone has a great holiday season and keep up the good work!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment